Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gingered Stir-Fry with Shrimp & Snow Peas

I apologize ahead of time for the lack of substance in this post.  This is more of a quick review of a recipe.  I promise something better next time. 

My newest issue of Food & Wine arrived the other day.  This included a fairly simple looking recipe for Gingered Stir-Fry with Shrimp and Snow Peas.  I like to cook anything with snow peas.  Not only are they delicious and crisp, but they add so much color to any dish. I was a little concerned about the sauce in this recipe, which was a mixture of chicken stock, chile garlic sauce, and soy sauce.   I usually prefer a thicker sauce on stir-fry.


The ginger had a fantastic smell while cooking, but was unfortunately pretty overwhelming as far as taste.  If I made this recipe again, I would cut back on the ginger. The sauce turned out to have a decent flavor, but was a little too watery.  It could possibly help to cut back on the chicken stock and use a little more soy sauce in its place. 

I suppose this wasn’t bad for a quick dinner.  If I made it again, I’d probably mess with the recipe quite a bit.  My husband enjoyed it more than I did, but even he admitted the ginger was too strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment