Sunday, May 22, 2011

The One Good Thing About Summer

Those of you who know me know that I hate summer. I hate the heat, the humidity, the high electric bills, the bugs and the road construction. Did I mention the horrible, horrible heat? The only thing I do like about the warmer weather is the fresh produce that becomes available. I will go get a bunch of fresh vegetables and roast a huge batch so we have them on hand for meals. For this batch, I used yellow squash, butternut squash, red onion, garlic and zucchini. In the past, I've added eggplant, asparagus, bell peppers, mushrooms, potatoes or yams. This is the type of recipe where you can use whatever you want.

The steps are simple. First, preheat your oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil. Chop up your choice of veggies and spread them in a layer on the baking sheet.


Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper. Now, use your hands to mix the batch and coat all the veggie slices. Spread the batch flat on the baking sheet again and bake for about 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment